Chemical and Process
Most chemical and process plants work on continuous processes. Custom-made Plate & Shell Heat Exchangers are ideal for improving the capacity of an existing process, and also for building a new optimised plant. Their counter-current design, effective heat transfer, and low fouling maximise energy efficiency. The recovery of process heat decreases energy consumption and CO2 emissions.
Speciality chemicals and pharmaceuticals are often produced in batch processes, which involve rapid temperature changes. PSHEs withstand these, and their fully welded design, protective shell construction and high quality make them safe and easy to use.
Industry uses: Refinery, Petrochemical, speciality and fine chemical, pharmaceutical, industrial gas, fertilizer, food and beverage, pulp and paper.
Applications for PSHEs
- Product heaters and coolers
- Gas heaters and coolers
- Heat-recovery exchangers like feed/effluent exchangers – Overhead condensers and gas liquefiers
- Thermosyphon and kettle reboilers
- Reactor temperature-control heat exchangers
- Cryogenic applications
- Various utility applications